Service: Flooding - Ottawa - April 20th 2019
|Record #: OCR4591||Last Full Update: 20 Apr 2019|
|Alternate Name||2019 Flood|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Last updated on June 12th at 11:20 am.
Disaster event --- Flooding in Ottawa Region.
* The State of Emergency for the City of Ottawa has been lifted. (as of June 12)
* Click here for information on the current situation
* Special garbage collection in flood affected areas starting Saturday, May 25.
* Visit the City's website for up to date information regarding the flood: https://ottawa.ca/en/residents/emergency-services/emergency-preparedness/flood-information-0
* City of Ottawa: 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400
* Canadian Red Cross Family Reunification Line 1-855-797-8875
* Red Cross (general information, phone registration, financial aid) 1-800-863-6582 (9 am-9 pm)
* Residents have until June 14 to request assistance with sandbags. Homeowners who need support and assistance with the dismantling of sandbag walls may call 1-844-547-2664 for assistance.
* Reach out to members of the public on the Spring Flood 2019/Crues printanieres 2019 Facebook group set up by the City of Ottawa for information-sharing
Red Cross: affected are asked to register with the Red Cross. To register: call 1-800-863-6582 * online at redcross.ca * in-person at designated community centres (Red Cross Services):
* Constance and Buckham's Bay Community Centre: daily from 10 am to 6 pm
Well water may be contaminated
Click here for more information * drinking water and hand sanitizer to residents whose wells are affected at: Ottawa Fire Station 63 (341 Bayview Drive) open daily 12 noon-7 pm
Residents who had hydro service shut off due to flooding should contact the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) at 1-877-372-7233 or a qualified electrician to arrange an inspection to ensure that hydro service can be restored. The Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) is waiving all fees related to the restoration of electrical services in flood damaged areas. Anyone who has already paid this fee can contact the Customer Service Centre at 1-877-372-7233 for a full refund.
Road closures: visit https://traffic.ottawa.ca/map/ for information * the ferries in Clarence-Rockland and Lefaivre are currently closed. The Bourbonnais ferry (Cumberland) and the Quyon ferry are running with restrictions.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT CENTRES are now closed.
City of Ottawa is no longer asking for volunteers to help with flood recovery.
To register for volunteering with Samaritan's Purse, visit their website * they will be offering clean up and sanitization support * volunteer must be 16 years and older (youth 16-17 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian * work sites generally operate Mon-Sat 8 am-5 pm
* The Canadian Red Cross is coordinating financial donations * donate to the Ontario Floods Appeal: Online or by calling 1-800-418-1111
* To donate food, contact the Ottawa Food Bank at 613-745-7001.
* To donate clothing, furniture and household items in anticipation of increased requests from residents affected by flooding * Find a Salvation Army location here
West Carleton Food Access Centre at 5670 Carp Rd is taking monetary donations to help feed first responders, military and volunteers. Open 10 am-3 pm. Email transfers can be sent to WCfoodaid@gmail.com
See West Carleton Disaster Relief on Facebook for latest updates on volunteer needs in this area.
Disaster Recovery Information:
Disaster Recovery Assistance for Ontarians: activated for Ottawa East and Ottawa West * for more information, click here * deadline to apply is September 4th, 2019
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Service Categories||Disaster Equipment and Supplies ; Disaster Recovery Services ; Evacuation Information ; General Disaster Information ; Volunteer Opportunities|
|Office Phone||24 hrs 2-1-1 or 613-761-9076|
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-761-9076|
|TTY Phone||Mon-Fri 7 am-7 pm 1-866-540-0565|
|Primary Contact||Julie Demers, Data Coordinator; Phone: 613-683-5400 ext 5509; Email: email@example.com|