Serenity Renewal for Families
|Record #: OCR1364||Last Full Update: 02 Apr 2019|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Address & Map||
2255 St Laurent Blvd, Suite 202
Ottawa, ON K1G 4K3
View Google Map
|Intersection||St Laurent Blvd and Walkley Rd|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Counselling, education, and support programs for individuals, couples, children, youth and families affected by addiction, substance abuse, problem gambling or other forms of addictive behaviour. * See the website for full program calendars.
* Change is Possible: Education and support to individuals who have experienced the effects of substance abuse, addictive behaviours or trauma in the family and desire to make positive changes. Requires an advance intake interview to determine suitability and to set goals. Includes four consecutive days of learning new skills and creating an action plan, followed by four weeks of aftercare group support and a 1:1 counselling session to reassess goals three months later.
* Workshops for adults living or having a desire to live the Twelve-Step Program.
* Couple and individual counselling for sexual addictions
* Strengthening Families for the Future: To prevent children at risk from developing problems of substance use, depression, violence, delinquency and school failure. This program takes place in two 7-week semesters.
* Parenting: Beginning Alcohol and Addiction/Basic Education Studies (B.A.B.E.S.): Uses animal puppets to help children learn positive life skills relating to self-image, decision-making, peer pressure and healthy coping. * Also to learn about alcohol and other drugs in an age appropriate way.
* Parents Forever Group: For parents of adult children who are addicted. * Open support group on Tuesday mornings. Learn to set boundaries, show care without enabling, learn for others in similar situations, self-care without guilt and find ways to move forward.
* Education and support for young people affected by addiction and mental health issues in their family.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Champlain ; Ottawa|
|Eligibility||Individuals experiencing problems either directly or indirectly from addictions or addictive behaviours and mental health issues
Parenting: Beginning Alcohol and Addiction/Basic Education Studies (B.A.B.E.S.): parents and children 5-8 years old
Strengthening Families for the Future: families with children 7-11 years old
|Application||Call, e-mail or visit website for more information.|
|Languages||English - Programs * counselling|
|Fees||Program - Programs/Workshops: Suggested rates published on website registration * counselling: Suggested fee of $100 or what a client can offer; no one is turned away due to lack of finances ; Receipts for programs and counselling are eligible for extended health care plans.|
|Service Categories||Alcohol Use Disorder Education/Prevention ; Alcohol Use Disorder Support Groups ; Codependents Anonymous Support Groups ; Comprehensive Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment ~ Alcohol Use Disorder ; Comprehensive Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment ~ Drug Use Disorders ; Drug Use Disorder Education/Prevention ; Families/Friends of Individuals With a Drug Use Disorder Support Groups ; Families/Friends of Individuals With an Alcohol Use Disorder Support Groups ; Gambling Addiction Counselling ; Gambling Addiction Support Groups ; Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facilities ; Sexual/Love Addiction Counselling ; Substance Use Disorder Counselling|
|Waiting List||Yes for counselling. No for workshop registrations.|
|Primary Contact||Jill Egan, Director, Administration and Client Services; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Michelle Tasker, Volunteer Coordinator and Outreach Liaison|
|Primary Executive||Kathy Godding, Chair, Board of Directors|
|Funding||Grants ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 119145787 RR0001 ; Fees - Program fees, Special events|
|Elections||The Board of Directors is elected. All members are volunteers.|
|Print Material||Available on request|
|Accreditation||No * counselling staff certified by their respective professional associations|