|Record #: KGN2856||Last Full Update: 10 Oct 2018|
|Alternate Name||The Good Food Bank|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Perth|
|Address & Map||
190 Gore St E
Perth, ON K7H 1K3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Gore St E and Craig St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||* Good Food Bank: 3-5 day supply of fresh food and pantry staples for individuals and families, available once a month
* Community Meals: healthy dinners for the community
* Peer Advocacy: support, referrals and resources to community members seeking help with housing, income support, etc. * help process applications for low-income supports for energy bills including the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) and Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) * no appointments necessary.
* After School Program: Free after-school program which provides hands-on fun in the garden and kitchen. Children 8-12 years old learn to grow and cook healthy food. Activities also include physical activity, games and art. Pre-registration required.
* Community Kitchen: Offers a range of cooking, nutrition and health programs. Some programs are drop in, others by registration. Call or visit website for current program schedule.
* Community Garden: Take home vegetables and learn how to grow healthy food. Connect with others in a welcoming space and enjoy the beautiful outdoor setting. Also host a series of monthly gardening workshops throughout the winter as well as work parties in early spring and fall.
* Community Action Network: Discuss current events, community issues and how to create change in our community. Organize local actions to address poverty and food access. Lunch provided.
* Volunteers: Volunteer opportunities available that are open to everyone. Offers an array of shifts to fit any schedule.
|Hours||The Good Food Bank Mon 2 pm-5 pm * Tue 12 noon-3:30 pm * Wed 3:30 pm-7 pm * Fri 2 pm-5 pm
Community Meals Mon, Wed, Fri 4:30 pm-6 pm
Advocacy Office Mon, Fri 2 pm-5 pm * Tue 12 noon-3 pm * Wed 3 pm-6 pm
Community Action Network Wed 10 am-12 noon
|Areas Served||Lanark County|
|Eligibility||Priority access to all programs is given to people living on low incomes.|
|Application||Self referrals accepted * drop-in programs and services available|
|Languages||English ; French - limited ; Spanish - limited|
|Fees||Donation - accepted ; None|
|Service Categories||Certificates/Forms Assistance ; Community Gardening ; Community Meals ; Drop In Centres ; Extended Child Care ; Food Banks ; Food Donation Programs ; Homeless Meals ; Meeting Space ; Specialized Information and Referral|
* Good Food Bank Coordinator, ext 3
* Volunteer/Advocacy Coordinator, ext 4
* Community Chef, ext 5
* Community Kitchens Coordinator and the After School Program Coordinator, ext 6
* Executive Director, ext 8
* Community Garden Coordinator, ext 24
* Community Advocacy Office, ext 29
|Volunteer Coordinator||Beth Schilling, Volunteer and Advocacy Office Coordinator; Phone: 613-267-6428 ext 4; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Ramsey Hart, Executive Director; Phone: 613-267-6428 ext 8; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||Grants ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 883021594 RR0001|