|Record #: KGN1510||Last Full Update: 14 Feb 2018|
|Former Name||Centre d'alphabétisation, d'éducation et de formation pour adultes la Route du Savoir (25 Jul 2007)|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Kingston|
|Address & Map||
Centre scolaire-communautaire de Kingston
711 Dalton Ave, Unit 187
Kingston, ON K7M 8N6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Sir John A Macdonald Boulevard and Highway 401|
|Bus Route Notes||Kingston Transit Trip Planner|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Literacy and Basic Skills
Literacy, numeracy and essential skills services that help individuals achieve goals related to further education and training, employment or increased independence * support in clarifying upgrading goals and developing a training plan to achieve them
* Support for General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
* Computer Courses, Our fundamental Skills, Learning to learn, Reading Club.
* Tutoring services for elementary and high school students in French first language and French immersion.
* Second language conversational courses English, Spanish, Italian and French.
* French second language for business courses offered on site and tailored to employee needs.
* Preparation for all levels of Public Work testing.
* Second language classes run 2 hours/week for 10 weeks (Fall, winter and spring sessions). Instruction also available privately for an hourly rate.
* Host organization for Operation Red Nose (annual awareness campaign against impaired driving)
All programs are designed to fit each individual's needs.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Frontenac County ; Kingston ; Lennox and Addington County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 19 year(s) and up
Literacy and Basic Skills -- Adults 19 years and older who are out of school, with spoken facility in French and literacy skills below Ontario Grade 12 level * special emphasis on individuals receiving social assistance through Ontario Works * programming for francophones
Second language courses and Operation Red Nose open to French and English speakers.
|Application||Call to register|
|Languages||English ; French ; Italian - Second language courses ; Spanish - Second language courses|
|Fees||Membership - for day classes ; Program - second language courses ; None - for Literacy and Basic Skills or Operation Red Nose|
|Service Categories||Adult Basic Education ~ Francophone Community ; Adult Literacy Programs ~ Francophone Community ; French as a Second Language ; Language Instruction|
|Primary Contact||Chantal Hudon, Executive Director|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development|